You’ve likely already decided that adding artificial intelligence (AI) to your business is necessary to stay ahead. You know it’s worth it and important for your business, but deciding how to get started with AI can seem impossible.
Here are a few ways to get started without overwhelming yourself or your firm:
- Get familiar with AI. When you think of AI, do you picture robots taking over your job? Or do you picture technology like chatbots helping you best serve your clients? Many of our industry has a very skewed vision of what AI is. Make sure you have an accurate understanding of what it is and how it’s actually being used in the industry: it’s being used to communicate, schedule, plan, and automate, and it’s making our lives easier.
- Identify your largest pain points. What are the biggest things in your business that are taking up most of your time? What are those things in your daily work routine that you dread or don’t feel like you have time for?
- Identify the jobs that AI could fulfill. Maybe you’re in the middle of hiring an assistant or another employee on your team. Maybe you’ve had plans to make another hire later in the year. What if we told you that you might not need to? AI is smart and can take on many different jobs, such as scheduling appointments, automating responses, and on-boarding clients.
- Learn how much money you could save with AI. It costs a lot of money and time to hire on a new employee, but AI technology is generally a one-time expense. Plus, no robot will decide they want to leave your company, so you can eliminate expenses related to turnover. Knowing how much money you can save with AI helps you identify where you can eliminate and add other expenses within your business.
- See how other firms are using AI (or are they?). Gain insight from other firms around you on what technology they’re using and how. Work together to create the best experience for your clients and the industry as a whole. Even check out the larger firms that may not be in direct competition with you, but can still give you helpful insight. Identify where they’re missing out on using AI and where they’re succeeding, and apply those learnings to your own business.
- Integrate the technologies you already use. If you use AI like Benjamin, our digital assistant, you can easily integrate technologies you already use, making it easier to make the transition. Benjamin integrates with your calendar, custodian, CRM, portfolio management, and more. This simplifies the process and allows you to keep the technologies you already use.
If you’ve decided to implement AI into your business practices but have not decided on specific technologies yet, check out Benjamin, your digital assistant. He’s here to make your day-to-day operations easier and free up your day so you have more time to focus on your clients. Set up your free demo here.